2010年2月11日

Carol's note 11/02/10

Dear friends,
How are you? Hope you have taken a good rest after the busy Christmas season.

Glad to tell you that I have only one chemo therapy left. The main side effect of my new chemo medicine is bone ache, which is less uncomfortable than sickness, the side effect of my previous medicine. If everything goes well, I’ll complete my 12th chemo at the end of February and start radio therapy & targeted therapy at the end of March. The greatest positive influence is that I can go out more independently and eat less from April because the radio and targeted therapies don’t destroy my white blood cells.

As a preparation for returning to a normal life, my family has arranged a few outings and trips for me. We went to some good places in Taiwan. The links of my albums are as follows. My family and I have been convinced that fresh air and nature beauty are the best medicine. The latest blood test shows that the index of my red blood cells is over 14 while the normal one is 12. The index of my white blood cells is nearly 4800 while the minimum requirement is 3000. And the index of my liver function decreases from over 200 to 134. (Well, the normal one is 30. I know there is still some space for improvement.)

Wulai Half-Day Trip
Shenkeng & Shrding Half-Day Trip
Miaoli Cherry Blossom & Grape Picking Tour

This coming Saturday is the Chinese New Year Eve, a traditional holiday for a family reunion. My mum and sisters have been busy at yearly house clean-up and food purchase. I’m not used to have a privilege to be an onlooker, but I’ve learned to accept others’ kindness and to do what I’m able to do. Now I’m looking forward to the holidays’ arrival. If there are some celebrations for the Chinese New Year or Lantern Festival in your locations, hope you also enjoy the atmosphere.

We’re having a Tiger year in Chinese lunar calendar, so wish your health and faith is as strong as a tiger!

Love,
Carol

沒有留言:

張貼留言