2011年2月18日

Carol's Update 17/02/11

Dear friends,
Do you know it's Chinese New Year recently? Today is the Lantern Festival, the last day of the Chinese New Year celebration. Traditionally today, we try to solve riddles on lanterns and eat tangyuen, a kind of glutinous rice ball. But nowadays, we focus on family reunion instead of those activities. If any of you has Chinese friends nearby, hope you also enjoy the atmosphere of reunion.

Shared an exciting news. In addition to my hair is longer (pls see the photo), I completed all the therapies on Tuesday. Hooray! What a spiritual release after 22 months! On 1st March, I will have a surgery to remove my port, a small medical appliance that is installed beneath the skin for chemo injection. After that, I'm only requested for check-up every 3 months. Then the gap will be longer and longer. Though the doctors and nurses have been my friends, I'm delighted that I don't have to visit them so often.

And there is a small testimony about my port surgery. Forty-five days ago, my doctor strongly suggested me to keep the port for the next 2 years in case of (cancer) reoccurrence. To maintain its usefulness, I had to return the hospital once a month for an injection, in order to melt the impurities in the port. I asked the brothers and sisters in my small group at my current church to pray for this because I believe Jesus Christ already cured me. Then my port was stuck in the next chemo. The nurse found my port had got stuck for 4 times, so she said I should be able to remove the port a.s.a.p. The conclusion was reversed so quickly, and the following decisions went so smoothly. I think it's the response from Jesus to our prayers. Hallelujah! Praise the Lord!

May God be with you too.

With my warmest greetings to all of you and your family,

Carol

沒有留言:

張貼留言